* * * Valentine’s Vamp has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 23. Unfortunately I have a prior commitment and won’t be able to attend.
* * Valentine’s Vamp is being postponed for another date due to inclement weather. Stay tuned and, most importantly, stay warm, dry, and safe!
If you always wanted to ask me out but were afraid I would say no OR if you simply want to contribute to a great cause and have a fun night out with a cray cray femme… Here is your chance:
The Bronx LGBTQ Community Services Center
Saturday, February 9, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM (EST)
We are excited to present our first ever Valentine’s Vamp, a formal (black tie, business attire or fiercely fashionable haute couture dress code) gala-styled fundraiser to be held Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 7pm, with an open bar Cocktail Hour at 5:30 pm. This fun-filled evening of delicious food from Westville, great music by DJ Steve Sidewalk, DJ TK, DJ BennyK, and Sir Ari Gold, dancing, entertainment, and will even feature a very special bachelor(ette) auction!
Attendees to the Valentine’s Vamp will be delighted by hors d’oeuvres and finger foods furnished by Westville NYC. General admission ticketholders will receive one (1) drink ticket upon arrival, while VIP ticketholders will enjoy an open bar throughout the evening, as well as hosted service in the special VIP-only balcony. International fashion and lifestyle photographer Rob Ordonez will provide a photographic journal of the evening’s festivities.
The 5:30 pm VIP cocktail “hour” will feature not only an open bar but will dazzling performances by Lovari, Sissy Van Dyke, PVaz, Ms. Appolonia Cruz, Tym Moss, Diva Jackie Dupree, Lady Clover Honey, Andrea Alton (Molly Dykeman), Spicky Hilton, T’Lifah Tigerss, and Jay Edwards (Mr. Stonewall Cub)! VIP ticketholders will continue to be entertained in the VIP-only balcony with live performances at 7pm by Lovari, Andrea Alton as Molly Dykeman, Tym Moss, Lady Clover Honey, Athena Reich, Spicky Hilton, and Diva Jackie Dupree until the main event begins around 8pm.
Entertainment during the main event, which will start around 8pm, will be provided by Sir Ari Gold, Ms. Appolonia Cruz, Tym Moss, Jiggly Caliente, Athena Reich, Sissy Van Dyke, Jay Edwards, Lovari, Lady Clover Honey, PVaz, Laritza Dumont, Diva Jackie Dupree, Yuhua Hamasaki, Spicky Hilton, L’Tifah Tigerss, Molly “Equality” Dykeman, DJ Steve Sidewalk, and DJ TK.
The glamorous international drag sensation Appolonia Cruz will co-host the evening, along with the famed fabulous drag diva artist Lady Clover Honey (whose versatility extends from the silver screen to the stage to radio to Gracie Mansion to the Chelsea Piers), while Master of Ceremonies Tym Moss (host of Artists Exposed) will auction off the following bachelors and bachelorettes, as well as entertain us with a song or three:
– Adam Barta, Top 20 Billboard chart-topping recording artist with the #1 Ultimate Sexiest Video Of All Time on LOGO
– *Sir Ari Gold, Bronx native, award-winning, Billboard Chart-topping recording artist, producer & DJ
– *Athena Reich, original award-winning singer/songwriter, actor, TV personality, Lady Gaga impersonator, and music & acting coach. She’s throwing in some of her CDs to the winner, too!
– *Lovari, award-winning recording artist & SAG/AFTRA member (Law & Order: SVU regular), and movie producer
– Chris Ryan, award-winning nightlife promoter & personality
– *Andrea Alton as Molly “Equality” Dykeman, Actor/Writer/Producer at Molly Dykeman Productions; member, SAG/AFTRA
– Jason Hellinger, director of digital media & events, Inked Magazine; nightlife promoter & personality
– *PVaz, pop artist & TV personality
– Will Clark, activist, author, entertainer, Grabby Award recipient/hall of famer
– *Jay Edwards, Mr. Stonewall Cub 2011 – 2012
– JC Alvarez, Nightlife Editor Edge Media Network; writer/producer personality; on-air host, Talking About and Out Loud & Live
– DJ Steve Sidewalk, one of NYC’s most-booked and in-demand DJs
– TAYLOR, Native American Indian Actor, Artist, and Poet (Featured in The Brave One, The Other Guys, The Backup Plan, Gossip Girl, Law & Order: SVU & Blue Bloods)
– Scott Wooledge, Front Page Blogger for The Daily Kos, Magazine Industry Professional, LGBT Activist, Netroots Impressario
– Stevie NYC, serial entrepreneur, Twitter personality, host of SubwayShow.tv, and creator of StevieProjects
– Michael J. D. Warner, Group G3 founder, entrepreneur, ex-Wall Street tycoon & go-go dancer!
– *Tym Moss, musician, actor, producer, & radio show host
– Rob Ordonez, international fashion/lifestyle/portrait/animal photographer, actor, and Mr. Paddles 2013
– Richard Annington, entrepreneur & founder, Gotham Beauty
– Tony Jones, Founder & CEO, Studfindr
– Cory Oden, brand new to NYC, hair stylist & MUA, activist
– Yetta Kurland, Esq., civil rights attorney, candidate for NYC council & talk radio show host
– *Sissy Van Dyke, blogger and stand-up comic
– Maria Lapachet, award-winning writer, blogger, and noted LGBTQ/Latina activist (aka Yours Truly!)
– Sue Sena, president & co-founder, Swish
– Jenna Fox, international activist; author; SAG/AFTRA actor, director, and producer; award-winning recording artist; founder of The “bird-e” E-watch; TV/radio personality; co-founder, Celebrity Donate A Day Campaign; founder, STOP! Gender & Sexual Violence Campaign; and DJ
– Tee Star, counselor, youth advocate & community activist
– *Lady Clover Honey, a Lady with an abundance of sweetness, a versatile entertainer with a spicy side to her, and correspondent to Under The Pink Carpet
– *Ms. Appolonia Cruz, international drag performance superstar
– *Yuhua Hamasaki, glam & fierce drag entertainer, reigning Miss Fire Island & Miss Stonewall
– *L’Tifah Tigerss, drag performer and healthcare professional
– *Spicky Hilton, drag performer and vocal artist
– *Laritza Dumont, LGBTQ activist, NYC’s #1 Latin Bombshell, Hostess at The Monster, and SAG/AFTRA member (Sex In The City, To Wong Foo, Law & Order, Sopranos)
– *Diva Jackie Dupree, drag performer, vocal/recording artist, and record label producer
– *Jiggly Caliente Brooks, RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant, drag performance artist & MUA
* Denotes performance by the auctionee during the Cocktail hour, VIP hour and/or the main event/auction.
The Valentine’s Vamp will be held at Club Rebel, 251 West 30th Street in Manhattan (between 7th & 8th avenues).
The door will be manned by Miss Muscles.
Get your ticket or make a donation here: http://valentinesvamp.eventbrite.com/.
If you wish to come but cannot afford to pay full price for a ticket, please call or e-mail us (make sure you leave your contact info so we can get back to you) and we can try to work out a deal.
The Valentine’s Vamp will benefit the new Bronx LGBTQ Center in The Bronx, which is in the process of raising the funds required to open in a new space. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or call (914) 417-9579.